MarineTraffic - Ship Tracking app for iPhone and iPad
9792 ratings )
Current version: 3.6.2
, last update: 11 months ago
First release : 08 Oct 2012
App size: 43 Mb
Marine Traffic displays near real-time positions of ships and yachts worldwide.
Connected to the largest network of AIS receivers, the app covers most major ports and shipping routes.
• View VESSELS ON THE LIVE MAP, search for ships, boats and seaports and see whats near you!
• More than 170,000 VESSELS PER DAY report their positions via MarineTraffic AIS
• View live wind and 48-hour WIND FORECASTS on the map
• ANIMATED PLAYBACK of vessels track
• PORT ARRIVALS & DEPARTURES live for over 4,000 ports and marinas, current conditions in ports and estimated time of arrival for the boats & ships.
• Manage your list of vessels ("MY FLEET"), shared with all your devices and MarineTraffic.com
• Browse 2.5 MILLION PHOTOS of ships, harbors and lighthouses and much more! You can also upload photos to MarineTraffic directly from your device.
• CRUISE MODE: Track your position, speed and course as well as the positions of the vessels around you. View your projected course, the distance from the nearby vessels and many more.
• Identify vessels around you at a glance with the AUGMENTED REALITY tool (in-app purchase)
Just point your devices camera to the horizon and get all the information you need about vessels, ports and lighthouses in your area: name, flag, speed, distance from you and a lot more.
• Use the ROUTE PLANNER tool to plan a route on the map, measure distances and calculate ETA (in-app purchase)
Also, for MarineTraffic subscribers:
• NAUTICAL CHARTS
• SAT-AIS DATA
Join the great MarineTraffic community!
** If youre only interested in a specific area, please confirm coverage on www.marinetraffic.com before purchasing the app **
Pros and cons of MarineTraffic - Ship Tracking app for iPhone and iPad
MarineTraffic - Ship Tracking app good for
Beautiful app to spend time to track vessel and super yacht to keep ur self busy since I work on board is very useful so I like it and. Will always recommend it to others
Super To easy To use. You can Track multiple ships and follow them.
App is ok, quit fast, but I really miss the "distance to" & the direct destination port link which the web version has.
The coverage is sometimes malfunctioned,still great app
I love tracking the Alaska cruiseships from my harbour. It gives me all kinds of neat info on each boat, and a pic. Love the app, already made my friends get it too.
I live near the Detroit River. I tried a couple of the free apps and they didnt show ships that I could clearly see steaming past! I gambled on this, and it works perfectly.
Great app for following ocean activity if you live near the sea. Love to identify the boats and follow their travels, sometimes around the world.
Some bad moments
Very bad function at all time delay of several days - free of charge Apps much better !!!
I purchased ipad app a few months ago when we had a trip on the west coast. Paid $4.59 for The app, 2 mos later I cant login and the website has no "contact us" area. When I was able to use it tho it worked really well. Hope I can log in again
Interesting app. Not optimized for 6/6s Plus as the visuals are quite grainy.
I stand on my step and see ships going by and check this app for information and there isnt any show up so I can only assume Im watching ghost ships in the Atlantic Ocean. Thanks, Id like my money back, time to delete app., its just taking up space with no purpose
Comparing with FINDSHIP PRO, this app is crap
Cant even see my ships near coats of Yemen and Oman or even in paoa new guinia png..
Very bad coverage
Regret that I paid this money
What a waste...
İts not working at iphone 7 with ios 10.1 .. please make a update and solve the problem